Research and Publications Unit
The Research and Publications Unit (RPU) is responsible for the promotion of evidence-based, scientific research, enhancement of the research skills and capacity of the candidates/trainees and provision of technical support in the area of research. It is also responsible for arranging creative activities related to the discipline of research, publishing scientific/medical journals, and collaborating with all other similar research institutions nationally, regionally and internationally.
Terms of Reference and Functions
- 1. Preparation of the Unit's annual action plan and its endorsement by EDC's management.
- 2. Identify the ideal areas of research for SMSB's candidates and faculty in cooperation with the specialty Councils.
- 3. Development and monitoring of the framework for Ethical Clearance for the conduction of research within any of the specialty Councils.
- 4. Endorsement of the research proposals of SMSB's candidates and faculty and establishment of the guidelines for the clearance of the research papers submitted by SMSB's candidates.
- 5. Provision of substantial technical support to the candidates and faculty for conduction and submission of their research papers. .
- 6. Assisting the researchers (candidates and faculty) with publishing their research papers in reputable journals.
- 7. Drafting and publishing the monthly issue of SMSB's "The Bulletin" newsletter.
- 8. Keeping abreast of the most recent developments and technologies in the scientific and medical world and collaborating with national, regional and international organizations for the conduction of scientific studies at SMSB following approval by SMSB’s management.
- 9. Recommending to SMSB’s Secretary General the participation of SMSB in national, regional and international conferences of benefit to the Board.
- 10. Uploading and updating all of EDC’s activities, programmes and achievements on SMSB’s website (Worldwide Web).